Credit Card Callers
Chinese Horoscope -- The 12 Animal Symbols and What They Represent
The basic principle of the Chinese Horoscope is centered on12 animals of the12 year cycle and their representation of the basic nature, characteristics, and attributes of people. The order of their status was decided by a race to cross a river. The Rat finished first, followed by the Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and the Pig. To compliment these revered animals were the incorporation of Yin and Yang, and the 5 earth elements.
The 12 Chinese Horoscope Symbols
Individuals born under each corresponding symbol are believed to have similar qualities of the animals in more ways than one.
- The Rat has the inherent ability to lead and surmount obstacles. Many of China’s emperor’s were born under this symbol. People born in the year of the Rat are considered to be charming and passionate.
- The Ox represents stubbornness and good work ethics but slow at making decisions. However, once decided, they will stick to it and never budge. They make for loyal companions or friends.
- The Tiger is physically attractive and influential. It’s hard to resist their appealing nature but difficult to get their attention. They love adventures and things pertaining to chivalry because of their strong emotions and instincts.
- The Rabbit attracts good fortune and luck, are peace-loving, and have a good head on their shoulders to solve tricky problems and situations.
- The Dragon sign shows strength, vigor, accord, and intelligence, and are very lucky in many aspects. Confident, honest and responsible, they are the center of attentions of social gatherings.
- The Snake has a deep sense of wisdom and mystery. They are the world’s philosophers and teachers, with a love for good food, learning, and conversation; they thrive in communicating their thoughts and ideas with others.
- The Horse embodies the spirit of freedom. Honest and determined, Horse people are very friendly, likes the attention of others, and to be genuinely accepted and appreciated for who they are.
- The Sheep is meek and reserved in nature. They can also be very caring and respectful of other people’s thoughts and feelings. Their sensitive side makes them good critics in the world of artistry and fashion.
- The Monkey symbolizes creativity, innovativeness, and dependability, mixed with a fun-loving attitude. This character trait makes for good companionship or friendship.
- The Rooster is associated with luck and success, courage and bravery, yet with a tendency to over exaggerate any situation –most especially when it comes to family matters. A social creature of sorts, they love the limelight, meet new people and travel to new places.
- The Dog’s best attributes are loyalty, patience, and a positive outlook in life. And they also like to take care of themselves physically.
- The Pig, being the last animal of the order, is generally unpretentious beings who love peace and tranquility. They are also very honest, patient, and productive.
There you have it, the 12 animals of the Chinese Horoscope. Anyone interested to know more about themselves should get a horoscope reading to get a better idea on how to achieve success and fulfillment in their lives.
This psychic site and its owners are not liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising from using this site, the psychic contractors listed on it, or its content. By giving us your email address you agree to allow us to send you occassional maketing materials. We will never pass your details to another company.